Burble along with me in my dream world

To live is to craft and to craft is to live-plus more homely bar room philosophy from a former barmaid and library assistant

Saturday 12 September 2009

Bereft







Here I am awaiting my handyman. Not D.H. but the man who has been named "the best little paperhanger in Bolton". He's pretty good at painting too but not today. Why? Cos he's not turned up and I didn't go to The Great Northern Papercrafts Extravaganza at Harrogate because he was coming-except he's not coming until tomorrow and I'm stuck here. Not my week I think.



I love the Harrogate show, it's like my club. I get to see old friends and I know Craftwork Cards are launching new products. Hope this new look for my bedroom is going to be worth it.



Don't you think life sometimes is like swimming up a treacle waterfall?



Talking of waterfalls I thought you might like to see some pics of the Falls of Lodore which is near where I stayed at Glaramara in Borrodale. When my D.H. came to pick me up we stopped off there on our way home and both were quite proud of the fact that we managed to climb up the side to get a view of the water crashing down. We're both fully qualified old crocs and plenty of people (and small children )were skipping past us but what the heck we did it! It was full to bursting with water 'cos we'd had nothing but rain all week. For an amazing description of it just go to Robert Southey's poem "The Cataract of Lodore" . You can find it on http://www.visitcumbria.com/

1 comment:

  1. Betty these pics are beautiful and so is Cumbria. A lot of my grandfather, on my Mother's side, come from up that way so we used visit quite often. Hope your handyman turns up tomorrow and sorry you missed the Harrogate show, I'm sure it will be worth it.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete