Burble along with me in my dream world

To live is to craft and to craft is to live-plus more homely bar room philosophy from a former barmaid and library assistant

Saturday 24 March 2012

And our next little exercise

Well you are all aware I'm a Stampin' Up gal now and have been for a while, there's even a tiny team courtesy of Yvonne and Becki, my downline and her downline, so we decided to meet up when work and other annoying commitments allowed.
It's easiest to meet at mine due to my lack of transport and as I'm the Mummy so to speak I get to suggest a subject to concentrate on. This time I've decided we are going to do some heat embossing and that's partly 'cos yours truly hasn't done any for ages. Now this is one of those moments when my mojo truly deserts me. Lately there's been a lot of surfing the net and relying on finding something to case.
In fact that is one of the reasons I love Stampin' Up -great products- and thousands of experienced demonstrators and customers all applying themselves to getting the best out of them and sharing the results online, not to mention the Idea book and catalogue (plus the regular minis).
Anyway this time I decided I had to try to make something of my own to showcase a bit of embossing. This is what I've come up with so far.

Card used-Brushed gold,Brushed silver, Very vanilla, White vellum.
Stamps used-Teeny tiny wishes,Heard from the heart.
Stampin' Emboss powder- Gold, Silver.
Crochet trim-Chantilly (for flower),Victoria.
Embossing folder-Designer frames.
Punch-Eyelet border.
Stampin' Up Exclusive Sizzlits die- Little leaves.
Jewels- Rhinestone.
Think I've just realised why I gave up blogging, the photography has defeated me completely and the card is definitely much nicer in the flesh with the silver embossed leaves against the brushed silver card, the sparkly crystals and the luxurious lace. Sometimes it's lovely to break out the luxury stash instead of letting it moulder in the cupboard

2 comments:

  1. Lovely stuff Bety, we bloggers have eyes that automatically adjust to allow for light and photography issues, and we know a great card when we see one! How lovely your get togethers sound. Did you try embossing on the vellum at all? Looks super lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep Julia That's the vellum stamped with a silver sentiment just below the lace flower-told you the photography was rubbish!

      Delete