Burble along with me in my dream world

To live is to craft and to craft is to live-plus more homely bar room philosophy from a former barmaid and library assistant

Friday 31 July 2009

Distracted by visitors

Two little fellas have come to stay for a fortnight and charmed their way into my heart. This shot was taken through the glass of their palatial pad so there's a bit of reflection.

I don't do babysitting/petsitting etc etc except in a crisis-can't handle the responsibility but nobody else wanted to take them on so I thought I'd better do the decent Mum thing.

Darn it they are gorgeous and I've fallen in love. What are they? They are Degus-sort of a cross between a chinchilla and a gerbil. They are very lively but I took this when I noticed them stop to listen to me whistling -LOL. Rushed for my camera and whistled "Colonel Bogey" at them -they seemed to like it. They've been with us a week now and I've actually managed to stroke one of them. Not got much crafting done!

1 comment:

  1. They are so cute, I've wanted one of them since I saw two in the pet shop last year, definitely gona get one asap now I've read this lol, they're adorable x

    ReplyDelete