Burble along with me in my dream world

To live is to craft and to craft is to live-plus more homely bar room philosophy from a former barmaid and library assistant

Monday 6 July 2009

Says it all

Wasn't going to post today but I've just read Edna's blog and I'm sad to see she has decided to give up her blog. I hope it's just temporary and when she gets a bit more on top of things she'll be back. After all just wait until winter when there's nothing on TV! and the sun isn't shining.
On a more cheerful note I see Liz is giving the site a face lift over at Pink Petticoat and that she's involved with Cardmaker of the year at Cardmaking and Papercraft.
Remember I talked about sympathy cards well I made this one for a friend of my husband. His wife has just died after a thirty year battle with various cancers.
I kept it very simple. No need for hearts and flowers. The rub on is from the same sheet as before and I printed onto the 300gsm card from Century card that Liz recommends using a Pink Petticoat download. Think it was washed out-or something like that. I put an insert in using the lovely Tesco 120gsm paper we all love and signed it on the back. I have been working on something else but it's a secret for now 'cos my DH reads this blog. I don't know why because we do live in the same house and we see each other at mealtimes.
Occasionally we have conversations as well.
I've also got to do my first graduation card for our daughter in law who receives her degree this week. Party on Saturday. She has worked very hard.
Going now before numty bumty becomes permanent. Don't work too hard. See you soon.

2 comments:

  1. Betty, thankyou for your kind words and wonderful comments on my blog. I always looked forward to hearing from you. I'm hoping my absence will be temporary but it remains to be seen.
    I'll be popping in regularly to see what you have been up to - now you have me intrigued with your secret project, I'll definitely have to check in.
    I'm so sorry to hear about your sad news but agree that the card is absolutely right for this occasion.
    Lots of hugs Edna. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful, clean and simple card that as you say, says it all. I'm sure it will be a huge comfort to the recipient and lovingly held on to. Pxx

    ReplyDelete