Burble along with me in my dream world

To live is to craft and to craft is to live-plus more homely bar room philosophy from a former barmaid and library assistant

Wednesday 9 June 2010

WOYWW lost count but might be my number9

Today I turned around. After all the outrageous lies the other day I thought it was time to be honest. So I turned around. I couldn't get the top shelf in! The boxes under my laptop contain some of my Christmas stamps -the woodmounted ones-there's fabric waiting to be made into a skirt etc etc.



Swinging to the left is my latest storage beauty which I got a couple of weeks ago. The castors have broken-yes honestly so I'm not going to get replacements although I'm sure I would get them from Storage 4 Crafts as they were very quick to send me a replacement section when the delivery arrived minus the central section. Have been online and found some heavy duty ones-just not ordered them.


You can see my desk now and I'm showing off. Biggest little sis is getting married next year and-like you do- I suggested Save the Date cards. She is not fussy-just said you do them how you like and they'll be great when I asked if she had anything in mind. AAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH. Not what I like to hear but they're made. On the desk is my sample for my file-a reject. Why? I got carried away and stamped some tiny tags using a new SU set-and got ink on my fingers and -------.
Close up you can see the ink. Thanks to Ikky I could position my little Cuttlebug folder exactly where I wanted it with no lines either. Printed them first and final touch a glamour dust highlight on the little hearts. Spent ages packing them so she will say AAAAhhh when she opens her parcel. Showed them to DH and that's just what he said which is why I love him.
Off to the hospital so he can have a heart monitor fitted for 24hrs. so will hopefully have a toot at your desks when we get back. It's a busy life this retirement.

Amended to add (can you tell that amendments are my latest thing)
:-if you don't understand what I'm on about you can find out more here . Julia will take you through the process gently and you will be hooked.

29 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only person playing this week. Glad to see I'm not alone (grin). Hope your hubby is going to be OK. Will he have to stay in hospital during that time, or be able to come home. Have a great WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh you have those lovely 12x12 drawers. I measured for some in my space but they won't fit boo hoo! Love your lies, especially number 2 RFLOL!
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck at the hospital, and with the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Betty, you have loads of boxes full of goodness knows what!! and those Useful boxes on wheels! (I keep hinting!) now I'm wondering of course, what's in all those flora tubs inside the useful boxes, coz I'm nosy! Had a nice morning at work, was a bit late but no one was there, sept the workmen. Had a lovely walk thro' the woods and back along the beach with their dogs, (If no ones there, that's what I usually do, play with the dogs!) Have a good day, look after hubby!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ain't that just the way when you get carried away - ink where you don't want it! Lovely cards :-) Hope hubby's ok after his visit to the hospital.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the storage. I need more but no room. Tell your DH the 24hr thingy is fine but getting the glue off tomorrow will be a nightmare. Mine took 7 days to get rid of!!!
    Luv Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing views of your craft space and all that gorgeous stash!

    Your Save the Date cards are very pretty.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the princess who pricked her finger was....sleeping beauty, but why was she called that because she didn't fall asleep til AFTER she pricked her finger


    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  9. she's not much help your sister =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, a lady after my own heart. A really fab and creative state of affairs Betty.
    Hope hubby is ok.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  11. the save the dates are beautiful! Hope your hubby is ok...
    thanks for sharing
    hugs
    Michelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great save the date cards! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck to hubby. Your crafty space is just so full of great stuff - if only I knew what to do with it all!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous cards, they look perfect. i hope she does go aaaaah!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of lovely storage here Betty, although I did wish I could zoom in for a really close view ... us nosey people like to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Laugh Betty, all these week sand I've been expecting something worse than I could imagine and your room is actually very organised - you just have a lot of it! Laugh too at our castors discussion - snap! And I so totally understand that 'make it fabulous but totally without input or guidelines' pressure...you have my sympathy aaaaggghhh! But then, you have an oooooh, because your solution is lovely. If it was me, I'd cry as well say aaahhhhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Blimey, you have been busy with all those cards! good luck to OH with the monitor x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lots of brill craft stash on show. Hope all goes well for hubby.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi again, I am much further north, about 2.5 hours from manchester.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What beautiful save the date cards - I'm sure your sis will be delighted with them :-)

    What a great craft room with lots of lovely stash too.

    I hope all went well at the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful amount of shelf space, and great storage unit with the boxes.

    Hope your day at the hospital was OK for your husband.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh great stash on here hun love all the fab storage too hope it goes okay with hubbie,hugs cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the save the day cards :0)
    I have had a good snoop round your craft room, but would love to get my hands on for a true touchy feely :0)
    *hugs* Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh I SO want to rummage in all those drawers and boxes!
    Your 'Save the Date' cards are just lovely, I always think white on white looks so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hope everything was fine at the hospital.
    I am so envious of your 12x12 storage shelf unit ...love nosing around your work area .Love the 'save the date'cards ...hope she does too after all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wowee Betty, how much storage, lol! Fingers crossed that all was ok at the hospital, take care hun, hugs Heidi xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great storage Betty, would love to see inside all those cubbyholes. Hope your hubby does well,
    big hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow! you have a lot of stash there, my friend!

    What a disaster with the inky fingers - you must have been properly fed up when you realised

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your sister is very lucky to have you!
    And you've got so much stuff, it's incredible! How do you know which is what? I would be spending hours looking for something I need!
    ** Evi **

    ReplyDelete