Burble along with me in my dream world

To live is to craft and to craft is to live-plus more homely bar room philosophy from a former barmaid and library assistant

Monday 23 March 2009

Mother's Day, demos and bling

Mother's Day-a chance for every crafter out there to find out what the opposition is up to and by opposition I mean all the card manufacturers. You might think I've got three children but you'd be wrong-there's only two- it's just that one hasn't got very good lines of communication at home. Lovely cards though -especially the one with the fancy edge which has revived my longing for the Martha Stewart punch. If you can't see the detail it's got one flower directly on the card and pierced through, one foiled and one raised and pierced.The Hallmark one has got dry embossed daisies and the printing is done in mid grey-a nice reminder to us all to use grey ink to stamp with.
This is the card I made after going to a docrafts demo on Saturday. The bear pops up from a slot and the whole thing folds flat and fits in a C6 envelope. Don't do what I did though. I cleverly? cut out all the detail of the bear's fur which now jams as you push it up and down. This is the prototype (honest).

Last a box of bling for £2.50 which is what many people would think was junk-not crafters. To us it's a wonderland of delight. It's not mine. It belongs to my crafty friend Lynne who has plans for it-especially the tassel on the top and the art deco bits. In the top right corner you might just see the card she is making with Craftwork Cards stamps from one of the japanese ladies sets. She has stamped in black onto red paper and mounted it on silver mirri card then onto a black card. It looks very effective.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, my box of goodies looks very impressive. I am so glad I got up at 5 pm on a cold Sunday morning to go to the Carboot, the early bird gets the worm, or as my hubby said, a load of junk!! He changes his tune when he sees the creations I have planned with my booty, Lynne x

    ReplyDelete